Berbalik pada tajuk, kambing boleh jadi gila jika perkara dibawah berlaku dalam urusan kandang anda:
1. Diberi makan rumput "brachiaria decumbens" atau RUMPUT SIGNAL. Rumput apa pula tu? Meh lihat gambarnya dibawah ni. banyak di Malaysia juga ni. Ingatkan sembarangan rumput boleh beri pada kambing ni ya rupa2nya ada pengaruh luar sedar juga.
|Rumput brachiaria Decumbens|
|Pembunuh kambing anda dalam diam|
Setelah membuat sedikit kajian diinternet, memang ada disebut tentang keracunan rumput ini pada ternakan
Photosensitization, sensitif terhadap cahaya. Mungkin sebab tu dikatakan membawa kegilaan kerana saya pernah lihat sendiri kambing dikandang saya berlari tak tentu hala seperti anak ayam hilang ibu. Mungkin sampai ketahap halusinasi bukan. Siap ada kajian daripada anak tempatan lagitu, kita je yang tak ambil tau.
ToxicityYoung cattle, sheep and goats can develop hepatogenous photosensitization although prevalence appears to be strongly related to environment. For example, it is of major concern in Brazil and Papua New Guinea but is unheard of in Vanuatu and rare in Australia. Transferring stock to pasture of different species can alleviate symptoms. Photosensitization in bovines can be avoided by a rotation of 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off the grass .
Sporadic outbreaks have been related to mycotoxins from the saprophytic fungus Pithomyces chartarum, but also to saponins.
1) In South America, different strains of P. chatarum were isolated from Brachiaria pastures where cattle had exhibited toxicity, but no strain had produced sporidesmin (Brewer et al., 1989).
2) In New Zealand, a high correlation between spore count in the pasture and toxicity (facial eczema) exists in sheep (Brook, 1969), but this does not appear to be the case in South America (E. Aycardi, 1994, personal communication).
3) In Malaysia, sheep developed photosensitivity when fed hay or fresh signal grass. However, liver damage was not observed when grass litter, ideal for fungal growth, was fed (Abas-Mazni and Sharif, 1988).4) The pathology of animals poisoned with signal grass is similar to that found in animals grazing Panicum species not infected with P. chatarum (Graydon et al., 1991).
5) Steroidal saponins were isolated from the rumen contents of poisoned sheep fed signal grass (Lajis et al. 1993; Salam Abdullah et al. 1992). In addition, steroidal saponins were identified in several plants known to cause photosensitization (Miles et al. 1993), and the toxicity symptoms were reproduced in sheep through oral dosing of crude saponins extracted from the plant Tribulus terrestris (Zygophyllaceae) (Kellerman et al. 1991)" (cited from Lascano and Euclides 1996)
Bagi rujukan lanjut, boleh lawati link dibawah ini
2. Diberi dedak yang telah rosak dan basi kerana tidak disimpan dengan betul. Dedak tercemar dengan racun Aflatoxin yang akan memberi kesan sampingan jangka panjang kepada ternakan kambing anda.
|Kesilapan besar ramai penternak baru, termasuk saya dulu dengan tidak menyimpan dedak seeloknya.|
Ini lah dedak yang elok, dan rangup. Wajib simpan dalam bekas kedap udara. Terima kasih pada alwigoatfarm atas tips dan panduan
Aflatoxins are naturally occurring mycotoxins that are produced by many species of Aspergillus, a fungus, the most notable ones being Aspergillus flavus and Aspergillus parasiticus. Their name is derived from the early work that discovered Aspergillus Flavus toxins. Aflatoxins are toxic and among the most carcinogenic substances known. After entering the body, aflatoxins may be metabolized by the liver to a reactive epoxide intermediate or hydroxylated to become the less harmful aflatoxin M1.
Bahan karsinogen lagi tu, pembawa kanser ni. Kasihan kambing2 aku.
Rujukan lanjut daripada pakcik Google, rupa2nya aflatoxin ni merosakkan hati untuk pendedahan jangka panjang dan pada dos tinggi.
Rujukan lanjut boleh copy link dibawah ni.
AnimalsAflatoxin has potential to lead to liver disease in dogs; however, not all dogs exposed to aflatoxin will develop liver disease. As with any toxic exposure, development of aflatoxicosis is a dose-related occurrence. Some dogs that develop liver disease will recover; those exposed to large doses for extended periods may not.
Low levels of aflatoxin exposure require continuous consumption for several weeks to months in order for signs of liver dysfunction to appear. Some articles have suggested the toxic level in dog food is 100-300 ppb and requires continuous exposure/consumption for a few weeks to months to develop aflatoxicosis. No information is available to suggest that recovered dogs will later succumb to an aflatoxin-induced disease.
There is no specific antidote for aflatoxicosis. Symptomatic and supportive care tailored to the severity of the liver disease may include intravenous fluids with dextrose, active vitamin K, B vitamins, and a restricted but high-quality protein diet with adequate carbohydrate content.